Work for Invictus Australia
invictus australia is hiring
Title: Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Direct reports: None
Total direct team: 0
Financial responsibility: Assist with budget management
Location: Sydney, NSW
Key working relationships:
Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Veteran Engagement Managers – supports local marketing activities
- Commercial Director – supports commercial relationships with marketing activities
- Invictus Games Foundation
- Australian Defence Force
- Invictus Games competitors (former serving)
- Veteran community champions and families
- Various Ex-Service Organisations
- National sporting bodies
The Invictus Australia Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator is a key member of the Marketing Team reporting to the Director of Marketing. There are no direct reports.
The Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator will be tech savvy and tenacious, implementing digital, content and social media plans.
Responsibilities include the coordination and development of social content for Invictus Australia channels, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Tik Tok. You have experience, and enjoy, growing social media channels, engaging numerous stakeholder groups and tailoring content accordingly to specific channels.
As a member of a small but high achieving Marketing team, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will also specialise in social media performance reporting, engaging social media communities to build relationships, and telling the Invictus Australia story in an authentic way.
Responsibilities also include creating and disseminating written and video content across platforms including social media, email, website updating and CRM. You ideally have content creation skills across the written word, basic graphics and video.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated by and passionate about the mission of Invictus Australia. They will share in the belief that sport has the power to strengthen the health & wellbeing of veterans and their families through both international events such as the Invictus Games, and recreational and sporting activities in local communities throughout Australia.
- Deliver relevant, engaging content across Invictus Australia’s digital channels.
- Increase audience followers and engagement.
- Support Director of Marketing across various marketing functions, as needed
Key functions and responsibilities:
The successful candidate requires expertise in the digital marketing disciplines and best practices to support various Invictus Australia audiences, predominantly Australian veterans and their families.
- Create social media content across all channels tailored to specific audiences
- Create social media content for Invictus Games and other events, in advance and during activities
- Daily posting, management & audience engagement across all Social Media accounts, including Stories in Facebook & Instagram
- Create local Facebook Groups for Veteran Engagement Managers, and support team with best practise
- Manage paid and sponsored social media activity
- Content Creation
- Day to day responsibility for content creation and management of website and digital platforms in compliance with brand guidelines
- Execute regular EDM creation and measurement
- Ability to create content in-house and manage agency relationships when content is outsourced
- Create blogs, biographies, news articles and other content needs
- Digital Marketing implementation
- Execute the digital marketing & communications strategy in tandem with wider organisational objectives including an audit of existing digital outputs, and implementation of a digital measurement and analytics system.
- Keep up-to-date with digital communications trends and legislation, and ensure compliance.
- Support fundraising activities with digital marketing platforms & promotion, where applicable
- Support CRM best practises
- Digital / Website
- Ability to update website content (WordPress), review ongoing optimisation requirements and implement SEO recommendations
- Review current website for improvements
- Monthly reporting
- Create engaging copy for use across digital channels including social media, EDM and website
- Work to increase digital audience by at least 10% YoY, in conjunction with Marketing team
- Effective communication across a range of other business and marketing channels
- Ability to communicate and work with a range of stakeholders across government, ESO, corporate, ambassadors and veterans
- Ability to work effectively
- Enthusiastic, positive, shows initiative, willing to learn, flexible
- Social Media technical skills across Meta products, Tik Tok, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube
- Writing skills across a range of mediums including Social Media, EDM, Blogs and other business writing
- Experience in managing & optimising engagement on Facebook Groups
- Shortform video content skills, such as reels and Tik Tok
- Social Media organic, sponsored and paid
- CRM/Website management and editing
- Confident using a range of digital platforms including but not limited to Campaign Monitor, Canva, Google Analytics, Survey Monkey, Raisely (or equivalent platforms)
- Implementing and managing Google Ads
- Digital and Social Media role previously
- Photoshop or other, basic design skills
- Basic video editing skills
To apply please prepare a cover letter and copy of your CV and send to Director of Marketing, Vanessa Bernardo at email@example.com by April 13th, 2023.
The Invictus Australia team is based in Sydney and operates a hybrid working model whereby some days are in an office environment, and some are from home.
Future positions may be filled from expressions of interest without progressing to a formal advertising period. We therefore encourage anyone interested to contact us to be considered. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.