BIO: Kate rose
Kate will participate at the Allied Winter Sports Camp in Canada in 2023
(Sport) is the cornerstone to my mental health repairing itself.”
I enlisted in the British Army in 1993 and served in Iraq in 2004 as a Military Intelligence Interpreter. I also served in the Australian Defence Force from 2008 to 2017, in Signals Corp.
Hometown: Canberra, ACT
Current Town: Chatsworth, QLD
What is the Nature of your injury or illness?
Mental Health; PTSD and Anxiety Disorder due to trauma of interrogation work in Iraq and treatment in ADF.
I participated in lots of sports in my youth, starting early at age four. I was always playing something and never sat still. I enjoyed Hockey, Softball, Athletics, and Swimming, and a memorable moment was winning bronze in my Cross Country. My biggest achievement however, was regularly competing in the State team for Athletics from ages 14-18 for long jump, and at Pan Pacific Games aged 14.
In 2022 I won Bronze at the Australian the Indoor Rowing Championships for my age group. Running the London Marathon at age 40 was pretty good too.
What role has sport played in your rehabilitation?
It’s been the cornerstone to my mental health repairing itself
Why did you apply for the Adaptive Sport Program?
To succeed within myself
What will “success” look like for you at the Allied Winter Sports Camp?
The interaction I will experience, the friends I will make, the challenges I will have, the memories I will bring back.
What does Unconquered mean to you?
Resilience, Tenacity, Determined, Focused, Energized
What is your ultimate goal?
To have totally organic, self-sufficient farm
What is your greatest achievement to date?
get to know Kate in 60 secs
- Current occupation: Macadamia Farmer
- Favourite movie: Its Complicated, Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin
- TV Show: So many but Nigella is good
- Sport Star: Ash Barty
- Holiday Destination: Thailand
- Hobbies: horticulture, organic farming, raising animals, cooking, writing, self care and development
- Person who has influenced me most: Anyone who is positive and hard working, my coach in particular.
- Hero: My Dad
- Favourite professional sporting team and players: Having lived in UK for nearly 20 years I do love football (EPL) with Liverpool and Real Madrid my favourite teams. Messi and Ronaldo are really talented.
- Favourite quote: If you don’t ask, you won’t get
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Owning my farm outright
- What would you do with your last $10: Feed my dogs